Irwin Greenberg – The Painter’s Primer… 1/5
He circulated this primer to his students at the High School of Art & Design and the Art Students League of New York. He died, age 87, in 2009.
- Paint every day.
- Paint until you feel physical strain. Take a break and then paint some more.
- When at an impasse, look at the work of masters.
- Buy the best materials you can afford.
- Let your enthusiasm show.
- Find a way to support yourself.
- Be your own toughest critic.
- Develop a sense of humor about yourself.
- Develop the habit of work. Start early every day. When you take a break, don’t eat. Instead, drink a glass of water.
- Don’t settle for yourself at a mediocre level.
- Don’t allow yourself to be crushed by failure. Rembrandt had failures. Success grows from failure.
- Be a brother (or sister) to all struggling artists.
- Keep is simple.
- Know your art equipment and take care of it.
- Have a set of materials ready wherever you go.
- Always be on time for work, class, and appointments.
- Meed deadlines. Be better than your word.
- Find a mate who is really a mate.
Pingback: Meditation – 06 July 2020 — Dana Burrell… Art – https://jakhala.com a Top Guest Blog, a site with vast information on Assam, India, & World, Photo / Image, Health, Music of Assam